Friday, June 09, 2006

West of Little Falls


It's been a few days since I have had a signal for the internet. In Little Falls the step rock walls made it impossible for a good signal. I'm not sure this will have a picture, I'm having trouble downloading one. We will see, time will tell. If I do get it loaded it will be of the falls in Little Falls.

We stayed two days at the town harbor in Little Falls. We had stayed one night on the way down and said we would spend enough time on the way back to look around. Yesterday we got up when we woke and set out to do a few errands and walk around the town. We went to the lumber yard just across the street and purchased some 2 x 6's so Larry could reinforce the brace on the front of the boat. Our mast moved around when we went over a wake from another boat. We will have to go to Rochester on Lake Ontario with our mast down across the deck. RCR Yachts will be fixing our furler, it is stuck at the top of the mast.

Tonight we are tied up on a wall just before lock #21. We arrived here just before the sky opened up and wet things down. I know I said I liked the lush green, but all right already, enough is enough.

Tomorrow morning we will go to Sylvan Beach and if Oneida Lake is calm we will cross, if not we will spend the night on the wall in Sylvan Beach. There is a concert there tonight and tomorrow night so I won't mind staying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home