Saturday, November 04, 2006

Oriental, NC


I suspected it would happen sooner or later. The days running together that is. When your main goal is to stay warm, eat, sleep and get further South much further, you tend to loose track of the day. Yesterday was Friday and I was sure it was only Wednesday. I knew I was wrong when I read the heading on the complimentary news paper from Alligator River Marina.

It's been a few days since I last posted a journal. We have been in three different locations in North Carolina. The picture is of us leaving Elizabeth City at sunrise on Thursday. That night we spent at Alligator River Marina. On Friday we were in Dowry Creek Marina just above Belhaven, NC. Oh did I also mention that I'm losing my memory and that goes for Larry too. We had to look the name of the marina up in our log. Come on we were just there last night. It's cold and I think the brain cells are starting to freeze. You think I'm kidding! This morning we woke to ice on the deck of the boat and on the dock. I slipped even though Larry told me to watch it and almost fell on my you know what. Slow learner.

Tonight we are in Whittaker Creek Yacht Harbor just above Oriental, NC. We tried to get a slip closer to town but the Inn was full. We arrived around 2:30 and went with Doug and Amy for a walk to town. After a stop at West Marine for a few things and at the grocery store next door a kind and friendly couple gave the four of us a ride to town. We walked around to see the town and had a tasty dinner at the Oriental Steamer restaurant. Most businesses around here will give you a ride if you ask, so we did and a young man gave us a lift. We were all glad seeing that the temperature has dropped considerable in a short time.

Tomorrow morning we will leave early again and spend the night at Swansboro, NC. The temperature is supposed to get into the 60's. Heat wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home