Monday, November 09, 2009

Ready To Leave Deltaville! Again!


Our plan is to leave early tomorrow morning and arrive in Norfolk before the high winds hit on Thursday. With the Tropical Storm/ Hurricane coming we will receive Ida's wrath in the form of high winds. We will hide out in the Dismal Swamp and wait for it to pass. This won't be the first time we have hidden out there.
The diesel guy came today and suggested we don't have the fuel polishing done. He has had to change injectors on two boats here at the marina three weeks after they had had the polishing done. Needless to say we didn't have it done. He suggested we buy several fuel filters and get a big bucket with a lid so we can change them underway when needed. He also suggested Larry drain the filter each morning before we head out. Say a prayer for us that it will be like carrying an umbrella so it doesn't rain.
The good thing that has come out of coming back to Deltaville is, I've completed all the unfinished jobs I was going to need to do underway. Yeah! Now I can read all those good books I brought with me.
In case you are wondering about the picture at the top. It is the shelf we had constructed and mounted above our counter. I wanted one since day one on the boat. It gives me more working space when I'm cooking. Working was worth the effort this Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home