Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Cold New Year!


We stayed on the boat this New Years Eve. I had had a reaction to some tuna I ate for lunch the Monday before and was down for the count all week. I can say I'm doing much better now. We did wake up at 11:55 to the celebrating in the harbor. Horns blowing, cheers and fire works. We stayed awake long enough to say Happy New Year to each other then back to sleep. Tom and Cathie had come over earlier but went home at the cruisers midnight 9 PM. We none receive TV here in the Keys so we couldn't watch the ball drop anyway.
New Years Day we had our traditional sauerkraut for dinner. Being of German decent I like to make sure of good luck in the New Year. We also added black eyed peas courtesy of Tom and Cathie. He being a Southern boy his tradition for luck in the New Year is black eyed peas. The two blended quite nicely for dinner (see the picture).
The weather here has continued to deteriorate like the rest of the country. We woke to temperatures of 47 with wind chill of 39. If you close your eyes and relied on the temperature to tell you where you are you would never guess Florida. We are being saved by the sunshine. I hate to think what it would be without it.
Tomorrow we have a car rented for the weekend. We will travel up the West coast to visit with Larry's Mom and Dad. I talked with Dad yesterday and he said to bring all the warm clothes we can. It's even colder up there. It should be a nice ride if the sun continues to shine. We'll have heat in the car. It's been a while since our last visit. It will be good to see Mom and Dad again.
Larry broke a tooth on the trip down. This morning he went to one of the local dentists to get it fixed. He just called and all is well and is on his way back. It was a cold morning to get out and about but an appointment is and appointment.
Larry still isn't employed but hopes for a short stint at West Marine while they change the layout of the store. He will at least get his foot in the door and hope for more. As for me, last week was a waste and I didn't to start my projects in the workroom. I hope that will generate some side jobs for me doing canvas work. I'll start next week and hope for the best.
Larry's back and I want to see the dentist's handy work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home