Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fort Lauderdale!










After a very windy and rough ride on the ocean we made it to Fort Lauderdale around 2 PM this afternoon. the picture is of the pilot boat and barge we dodged coming past the Government Cut inlet in Miami. I can say I'm really glad to be at anchor here in Lake Sylvia for the night. I know I've said it in the past my days of heavy seas and stiff winds are over and I didn't enjoy today's ride. Call me a wimp if you may, I don't care. I think my captain will agree that today was very exhausting, and he was glad to arrive also.

I know it's been a while since my last blog, Marathon to be exact. After my phone broke and I got my new one in Islamorada, I had a very weak to no signal on my connection. We are back to populated areas so I should have a signal and will up date frequently.

Tomorrow morning we plan to head to Lake Worth. The wind is expected to clock around to the West, Southwest. If it does and the waves calm down we will go back to the ocean to avoid the twenty some bridges. If not we will take the ICW and all the bridges. At least it's Monday and all the crazies should be at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home