Friday, May 27, 2016

Just About Finished!

Tuesday we arrived here in Deltaville safe and sound. We actually were a sailboat for a few hours. After leaving the Potomac River and rounding Smith Point Lighthouse we put up all our sails and 
were doing about 6 1/2 knots. It felt great I even took a video but the wifi here is too slow to upload it. Oh well! I'm thinking about putting videos on YouTube when I have a strong signal. I'll then link it to our blog. 

The picture is of a Menhaden fishing boat. There were several out in the Chesapeake bay. They come out of Reedville where the Menhaden fish are processed and used in many of the products you'll find in your house. Some of which are dog food, medicine and fertilizer. 
We spent Tuesday night tied to the gas dock at Waldens marina. Wednesday morning we were hauled to do our much needed maintenance. The picture is Larry backing our boat into the lift. 
Up, up and away. Being lifted and moved into the work yard. 
Dirty muddy bottom. Power washing works wonders. 
Larry and I cleaned, compounded, waxed and waxed again on the hull. It took two and a half days but she shines beautifully. While we waxed Calvin here at the yard gave her bottom two coats of paint. 
Me checking for spots I may have missed!
She is almost done! Today is Friday and we are waiting for a part for the knot meter to arrive by mail. Once it gets here we will be floating again. It's tough not being able to use our sinks cause the waste water will pour over the fresh paint job. I don't know how some sailors can live on the hard. It's too much like camping to me. I like my creature comforts too much. Air conditioning will be nice tonight. We do have a wonderful breeze but we also have flies. They hide and wait for us to open the companion way then the fly past us into the cabin. I do have to admit I'm getting good at swatting them. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home