Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Answer to the Perfect Day in Paradise



The picture is the end of a day in paradise. We have been anchored out in No Name Harbor with a group of other boats. Some have come and others have gone. We have become friends with another couple that have lived on their boat for about 7 years traveling for about 2 years. It is amazing how many people have chosen this life style. The couple Fran and Shirley joined us tonight on our boat for cocktails and to view this magnificent sun set. This is the only life style that you can be sure your neighbors will change on a daily basis. It is enjoyable to listen to their life stories and what brought them to choose to live full time on their boats. We are definitely a different breed of our own. It is an amazing life and no matter what the future brings for us I'm definitely glad we made the decision to take this trip of a life time.

This morning we dingyed to shore and Larry ran and for the first time in months I got on my blades. My foot held up well but I had to keep my right skate very loose, it felt very strange. It felt good to be back on my skates and I felt very thankful to keep on my feet and not on my butt the entire time. In the afternoon we again went to shore and walked to the Winn Dixie store about 2 miles from the park.

It's had to put into words how wonderful it is here. We are treated to dolphins swimming around the boat, flocks of wild parrots, amazing. Several days ago We actually saw our first manatees. Shirley shared some of her experiences in the water in the wild with manatees and dolphins. It is what I'm looking forward to, myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home