Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Surf City, NC


We decided to take a much needed break and spend a day in Surf City, NC. We were
wondering if this is the city the Beach Boys sang about. It was good to be still for a day even though it rained most of the day and has been extremely windy all afternoon and evening.

tomorrow is to bring the possibility of thunderstorms late in the day but sunny in the morning.

It's good to be tied to a dock and not at anchor even though the boat is moving around and making noise I know we will sleep well knowing we wont drag anchor.

We walked around the small town today even in the rain. Amy and I went to a salon for a hair cut. It was a true leap of faith for me seeing as I have only had hair cuts by a few people in my life and have never just called and been basically a walk-in. I guess it's called growing and letting go.

Larry, Doug, Amy and I went to a little bar by the ocean for lunch today. We had a full view of the ocean and how ugly it was, with huge waves and visibility about 1/4 mile. We were all glad we weren't out there.

Yesterday we did see dolphins on four different occasions and we also saw a deer swim across the ICW then run into the woods. I tried to get a picture but he was too fast, so the picture on this post is of the hanger for blimp production just outside of Elizabeth City.

We will leave early tomorrow morning and spend the night in Southport. It has been very busy at the marinas so we have been calling several day a head for reservations. We are looking forward to anchoring now that the temperatures are climbing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Just think, you could be landlocked and unable to tell one day from the next! All in all I'd rather be in..... I forget the quote. Keep those blogs coming-ruthie

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
I think Surf City USA was Jan & Dean, or not. I'm betting they (whoever) were in sunny California and not on the gray east coast, when they were singing it though........

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home