Friday, December 14, 2007

Getting Settled In Boot Key Harbor, Marathon















Well as you can see by the date on this post, I started it on Friday and got as far as the pictures and stopped. We arrived 10 days ago here in Marathon and it seems like it was just yesterday. We have been very busy and that is an understatement. Last Saturday we did errands for provisioning and were busy all day. Sunday we went to church and relaxed. Monday came and we looked for employment and both found some. I'm working as a hostess for Castaways Restaurant and Susi Bar. I started that same day and worked three nights last week. Larry and I attended our first Christmas party this year it was last night at Castaways.















Larry as you can see by the picture is a driver for the Smorgasboat, the local water taxi. I've rode with him on a few occasions and it's quite a nice ride. Larry has been also busy with the usual fixing and maintenance on our boat. I've been hard at work making stained glass gifts for family for Christmas. We only have a few days left before we start our land journey North for the Christmas Holiday. Our Daughter tells us it is snowing and they have around a foot. I can't wait, maybe we will luck out and it will melt before we arrive. It's been three years since we have seen the fluffy white and I can say I haven't missed it. It will be great to see everyone even if it is cold and snowy. Well I'm going to close for now, I've got projects to finish and time is ticking away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Awake In Rochester said...

I just started reading your blog. So have you been on a boat for 3 years? That's a beautiful photo of the sunset/rise.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home