Thursday, February 19, 2009

Karen's Visit!
















My friend Karen flew into Miami, rented a car and drove to Marathon to visit Larry and I for a week. Larry and I were both working so we weren't able to cruise for the week like on her last visit but we did manage to go for a short cruise to Bahia Honda State Park. We anchored for two nights and enjoyed some swimming and snorkeling. The picture of the three of us is on Monday at the bridge and as you can see it was very foggy. Even with the fog Karen still managed to hit the warmest week of the Winter. Anyone looking for warm weather vacationing in the Keys needs to find out when she is coming and plan your vacation at the same time. She is weather lucky.





Tuesday of Karen's visit she and I took the bus to Key West to do some site seeing and shopping. Larry was on a job for SALT(Sea,Air,Land Technologies) in Key West installing a solar heating system for a pool at the Southern Most Hotel. While Karen and I were there we stopped in to see him hard at work. I took this picture from the third floor of the opposite building. It's quite a system for heating the pool.
Karen and I packed a lot into her week and I saw her off on Thursday the 19th of February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home