Monday, February 06, 2006

A Perfect Way to Spend Your Birthday



My Birthday dinner with Larry and friends Diane and Mike. It's not a picture behind us it's the bay out of the window. Oh and we all had lobster. The restaurant was call Parrotdise. Cute play on words.

My day started out with a call from our daughter Patience wishing me a happy birthday at about 8 AM. Before breakfast Larry gave me my birthday present of a gift certificate to the Riverview Spa in New Smyrna. I'm looking forward to using it on the way back. After breakfast we pulled away from the dock and went to the gas dock to fuel up and as we were waiting Diane and Mike went by singing to me.

We left Marathon and went to the Oceanside traveling about half the distance to Key West. The sun was shining with cool breezes and soft rolling waves. The wind was right and we sailed with both the jib and main. We engaged the autohelm and went to sit in the sun in front of the dodger. About 2:30 we pulled into Newfound Harbor and set anchor. At 3:00 my phone rang and it was our daughter Jennifer and our Grandsons calling to wish me a happy birthday. While we were talking our oldest Grandson Jonathan lost his first tooth. My friend Diane said it was like I was there for it. I think she is right.

Later around 5:00 we dingyed to shore for birthday dinner at Parrotdise restaurant and after to Mike and Diane's boat for cake. What a wonderful birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home