Friday, September 01, 2006

The Beavers On Oak Orchard Creek


Last night I was standing on the dock while Gail was visiting with Colleen and Barb and noticed a beaver swimming behind the boat. As I stood there I was joined by a heron about 5 feet to my right on the dock. Within 15 minutes I spotted 2 more beavers. It seems they like the sycamore trees on the hill and they are falling the sycamores and 'storing' the tree for winter. The little guy to the left is dragging a branch to his home. Two days ago Gail and I noticed the tree was down in the park and now there isn't a trace of the tree. They took it all away. Unfortunately, dropping trees around boats secured to docks is frowned upon so before the week is out they will likely be trapped and transported somewhere else.

Gail and I are supposed to be joining Tom and Karen tomorrow on Sodus Bay for a day of boating, on a stink pot no less! Then we are off to a party on Sunday. Too bad it is supposed to rain all weekend and our mode of transport is a motorcycle.

Our plan is to head south September 20th. First to Sodus and then Oswego and into the canal. We plan to be in Deltaville by October 12th. We may attempt to catch the Annapolis boatshow October 5th or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home