Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Big E!

Thursday I took the train from Union Station in DC to my daughters house in Winsted, CT. I haven't been to her house for a visit since last year. I'm well over due.

We made some plans to do a few things while I'm here. Yesterday,Friday we went to the Big E. The Big E is New England's version of a state fair but the Big E is venue to six states. They are Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Connecticut.

The weather was very cooperative. The sun was shinning but it wasn't too hot.
It was a perfect day for walking around the fair grounds.

I've included a few pictures we took. Patience and I we tired and our feet needed a break so we sat down at one of the foot vibrating stations and Steven took our picture. The two of a cow is actually a butter sculpture. I cant say I've ever seen a butter sculpture that big. The one of a giant pumpkin is actually a real pumpkin weighing 1,236 pounds. One could make a lot of pies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home