Thursday, June 09, 2016

Fitting Canvas!

My day started early today! I had told my friend Chris if he needed any help with some of his jobs that I was willing to help. So off I went this morning with him to Urbanna, Va. It's a little town on the Rappahannock River, just up River from Deltaville. Larry and I have actually sailed there on one of our summers here in Deltaville. 

The picture is of Chris's van loaded with the steel frame for the power boat we were to install it on. 
As you can see the new frame is all installed and we are fitting the new bimini. This is Chris up top on the bridge marking the canvas as to where to cut and sew.  I stopped at Chris's shop in the afternoon and he was close to being finished with the sewing. Won't be long before it's installed. 

Larry stayed back at our boat today and did some more prep for our canvas job. He removed all the old snaps and filled the holes left behind with fiberglass. Tomorrow he plans to sand and add a coat of gel coat. We are still waiting for the welder to be finished with the extensions on our dodger frame. It will be nice to have a cover over the companion way once again. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home