Sunday, June 12, 2016

Wow That was a Fast Weekend!

On Friday after Larry sanded and applied gel coat to the holes where the snaps were, we attempted to install our new companion way doors. I say attempted because we were not successful. We both agreed that we are tired from doing so much that it was best left for Saturday. 

We decided to go to the pool and cool off. When I went to set my shower bag down I noticed the little guy in the picture on the back of the deck chair. I'm glad that I kind of recognized him and didn't touch him. After checking on the internet, I don't know what we did before the Internet, he was a juvenile assassin bug. He stabs his prey to death and can give an unsuspecting human a very painful bite. I'm having an enough trouble with all the no see ums that are feasting on me.  I didn't need and help from this little guy. 

Saturday morning, starting at 7AM, we had success, as you can see by the picture, on installing our new companion way doors. Aren't they beautiful? With the addition of these and all the waxing and polishing, we have to wear sunglasses to look at our boat. 

Today is Sunday and are trying to relax. Other than making breakfast and dishes, I've stayed in out of the heat and hot sun. Larry did go out to sand his gel coat, use the rubbing compound and wax. 

Later we took a dinghy ride to CoCoMo's for steamed clams and shrimp. It was hot even though it was late afternoon. Tomorrow the temp is supposed to dip into the mid 70's. Good day to finish the waxing. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home