Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Time to Move On!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I wrote to let you know our progress but I've barely been able to breathe. For the past two weeks I've been sewing nonstop. The gal who works for Chris has been on vacation and I've been arriving at his shop by 7:00 AM to sew my projects. I'm happy to announce that all is finished. I'm pleased with what I have accomplished and very ready to head South. I've teased that I've been chained to the sewing machine. A couple of the days I had put in a 13 hours but I'm done now and don't care to sew for awhile. 
This is my list of projects, dodger, bimini, connector, sun shades, hatch covers, two sets of skylight covers one in Sunbrella and one in phifertex, wheel cover, bags to hold seat cushions, custom bed sheets, two winch covers, bag to hold door panels. I guess that's why it has taken me six weeks to finish. I was very happy to have had two solid weeks during the day to sew. It was hard to accomplish much in a few hours at night and on the weekend. It's all done now and tomorrow Thursday we will start our trip south. 
This picture shows our boat all dressed up in her new suit. I made window covers for the dodger to help keep out some of the heat from the sun at the dock and at anchor. They also protect the windows and help them to last longer. The color is called smoke but reminds me of a grey flannel suit. I'm pleased with the change. 
This is my custom set of sheets for our new v berth mattress. We will probably sleep up in the v berth at anchor. No electric means no air conditioning and our boat engine is near our aft bed. 
Larry went to Enterprise and rented a car for us to provision for the trip South. We took advantage of the opportunity to take Chris and Lavinia to dinner Saturday night. We will miss them when we leave here but look forward to visits with them while we are in Florida.  
Monday while doing more provisioning we took the time to enjoy a nice lunch at the Riverwalk Restaurant in Yorktown. This picture of Larry shows the bridge we crossed over to get cross the York River. Because of the great number of rivers traveling from one city to another takes a longer than normal time. Virginia is certainly beautiful country. 
Looking down river on the Riverwalk. 
Tall ship on the river! Beautiful!

Don't want you to think Larry was slacking while I was sewing. Besides remote working, here is his list of boat jobs.  Replaced knot meter o-ring shaft and paddle wheel, installed water maker, replaced 12 VDC fuse panel with breaker panel, changed fuel and oil filters, changed 5/8" raw water hose to raw water pump with 3/4" hose, changed water pump impeller, filled holes in fiberglass used to fasten old cockpit cushions, cleaned holding tank float sensor (fun!), filled holes from fasteners from old enclosure, installed new solar panels, installed new Zarcor companionway door, installed outboard engine lift, patched dinghy and added D rings for lifting in davits, polished all the stainless and topside fiberglass. I'm sure there is more but I have forgotten!

While bumping around Deltaville we found the former presidential yacht, the Sequoia. The Sequoia used to be berthed behind the Cantina Marina in the Washington Channel. Looks pretty sad now after a couple of years on the hard at a yard on Fishing Bay. 




 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home