Sunday, December 18, 2005

Georgetown, SC - The Boat Shed Marina



Duck hunting is serious business in the south. Larry explained that the camouflaged boat is called a duck blind. OK. I thought it looked more like military maneuvers.

Today was cold, wet and miserable or was that me. We were very glad to get off the water, well at least to shore. My Captain promised warm weather when we reached South Carolina. I don't think he gave me the straight facts. We are in SC but its not warm today. Don't get me wrong for all of you that stayed behind in the snow, I'm not being ungrateful believe me. It is nice not to shovel the white stuff but I am looking forward to wearing shorts again.

This segment of the ICW the guide book tells us is the most scenic with the moss covered trees that line the banks. Unfortunately the rain made it impossible to get a good picture or to see and enjoy it. We'll have to make sure we have a good day when we return.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now doesn't that look like fun!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home