Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Isle of Palms, SC



We pulled away from the dock about 8 AM this morning. We traveled about 60 miles today. The sun was shining and it began to warm up shortly after we were underway.

The picture was from a distance but you can make out that the trees are palms. They are growing out in the middle of no where. I got excited because I figure it must mean we are getting to warmer weather!

Several dolphins swam by the boat teasing me to take their picture but they just won't hold a pose. I've been trying to photograph them not only this trip but also when we chartered a sailboat in Florida in the Spring. Someday I'll succeed and you'll be the first to see my success.

We are in Isle of Palms Marina tonight. It is on the Isle of Palms barrier Island off the coast of South Carolina. Isle of Palms is a small community but a growing one. The population quadruples in the height of the summer season. The waiter in the restaurant tells us the water on the whole Island is filtered by reverse osmosis and that they have several health food stores. The literature I've read also shows that there is plenty to do here. This sounds like a great place to stop back and visit for a while in warmer weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home